What adult education programs do you offer?
We offer a variety of Adult Education opportunities including:
- Adult Education classes - Parents, when you take your children to Spark, stay for your own class which meets down the hall. Led by pastors and other well-qualified LOTW members, the Adult Class covers a variety of topics, with one or more sessions per topic. All are welcome, not just Spark parents!
- Bible studies - All are welcome for an hour of enlightening and inspiring Pastor-led Bible studies on Tuesday mornings at 10:30. We study the text(s) chosen for the upcoming Saturday's worship service.
- ReConnect -ReConnect is an opportunity for youth that have been Confirmed (or are close to being Confirmed) to continue to stay/pray/play together after being confirmed. Typically held on Sunday nights at 6:30 throughout the school year, we explore everyday life and how God interacts with us.
- ReCHARGE - ReCHARGE is a time to recharge each week with other LOTW members. Four or more participants meet weekly to share with each other, study a Bible selection, and pray together.
- Theology on Tap (soon to be re-named) - Theology on Tap meets every six to eight weeks, typically on a weeknight, at a local venue (typically a bar and grill). Over snacks and brew (or any other beverage of choice), we discuss a religious or ethical issue in depth.
- Family Faith Night - Once a month during the school year, members of all ages and stages get together on a Wednesday night to share in a meal and have some fun centered around a lesson in faith. Informal and low-key, everyone is welcome to attend!
- Women's Retreat - Once a year, typically in the fall, the women of Light of the World come together to grow in faith at a weekend retreat.
- And more!
When are these programs offered?
Programs are offered at various times so that everyone has an opportunity to participate. With adult education classes held during Spark (Education) time, Tuesday morning Bible Studies, Wednesday night Family Faith Night and Tuesday night Theology on Tap, there is something for everyone. For more information about when specific events are being held, please visit our Calendar for a full calendar of events.
I still have questions. Who do I contact?
If you have any questions regarding any Adult Education activities, please visit our Contact page and send us a message. We will get back to you as soon as we can!